Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Dilemma

I'm in a little pickle. I tend to do this a lot in my professional life and my personal life. I'd like to think I do this to myself because I care about the welfare of others and I'm such a nice guy… but the jury's still out on that one.

So here's my situation. Late last year, I was tasked with implementing a solution for our company. The solution involved installing and managing software, training those people who will use it, developing processes around the software and implementing best practices. I have completed and implemented all of the requirements and 'handed over the reigns' of the system to the person who will be managing this process. Here's where I get uneasy about what to do next. The person in charge of this $55,000 implementation isn't using it.

I've invested 8 months of research, development, implementation, training and time away from my family. This project dominated my time for several months. The solution was implemented almost a month ago and we still aren't using it. I've even gone over this gentlemen's head and told his boss what the current situation is. Still no change.

So my dilemma is this… do I pursue this train and make noise until they start using the system I've designed for them? Or do I keep quiet and just let it go? Part of me thinks the president of the company should know what's happened to his $55K investment. Part of me thinks that I've done all I can do and can't force people to do things they don't want to do.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment